Friday, October 07, 2005

Officially an official.

 
This is Myself, Marilou, Jessica and Jacob in the John Quincy Adams State Drawing Room.

Today I have been sworn in to the Foreign Service.

I, Jared Stokes Do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the Umited States, against all enemies foreign and domestic, That I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same, That I take this obligation freely and without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, That I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter, So help me God.

Here is the main entrance to the Harry S. Truman building of the State department. This building is also known as Main State. Posted by Picasa


Here we are in the same lobby with all the Flags of the contries that the U.S.A. has diplomatic relations with. We are actually standing below the flag of China. Posted by Picasa


Here I am addressing my class in the Benjamin Franklin State Dining Room. Ok I was not REALLY addressing the class offically. I was just having fun in this VERY huge VERY elegant room.  Posted by Picasa


Here is Marilou and the kids in the Thomas Jefferson State Reception Room. Posted by Picasa


This is the device that holds the Great Seal of the United States. They use this to emboss the seal onto offical papers. This machine is over 150 years old and is still the only machine used to do the imprinting. Amazing! Posted by Picasa